Each year PADI give prizes to diving centers and resorts located throughout the world, the awards are given by areas: America and Canada, Asia pacific, Europe, etc, and are delivered in different categories. For each category, padi staff members considered all PADI retailers and resort membes in 12 PADI Americas regions.
Selection criteria included the challenges members faced in their areas and the innovative tactics employed to meet those challenges.
The categories are:
1. Outstanding Business Award. Recognizes outstandings business performance, initiatives and achievemnets across all area of business operations.
2. Diver Acquisition Award. Recognizes retail and resort members that have shown entry-level certification growth over the previous year, followed PADI standards and philosophy and implemented innovative diver acquisition strategies.
3. Diver Retention Award. Recognizes retail and resort members that have shown continuing education certification growth over the previous year.
4. Instructor Development Award. Acknowledges outstanding achievement and commitment to PADI instructor development.
5. Project Aware Marine Environment Award. Recognizes outstanding ecological achievements, with a focus on fostering environmental and cultural understanding, appreciation and conservation.
We didn’t win :(
BUT we were nominated :) And just as the Oscar nominees, we are pleased for the nomination, its already a great recognition, we were chosen from many many PADI diving centers across the continent in not one but two categories: Diver Acquisition Award and Project Aware Marine Environment Award!!!!!
Total happiness. Of course this is thanks to all of the instructors, dive masters and staff who have been with us in the last year. Without their efforts and daily motivation Aquantis would not be Aquantis and also thanks to all the people who come every day to dive with us.